1990 Ford Taurus

3.6 liter V-8 engine. Won't start, new battery, new solenoid, new alternator. Don't even get a click when turning the key. Head lights, dome light etc. won't come on. Noticed that the digital clock on dash
works when door is closed but goes off when I open the door. An electrical problem I'm supposing but would like more info so I don't go into the local mechanic as an easy mark. Any information would be greatly appreciate. Thank you in advance.
Please choose a less offensive moniker if you want us to help.

asswideshut. That's funny.
Happy Traveler wrote:

sorry cant help but wherent the only 2 options in 90 the 3.0 and 3.8 SHO

oh I thought of something that could help, my wife crashed her 90 taurus once, the firemen cut her ground cable. I put the car back together and had the same symptoms and after staring at it for a while I found there was an extra wire that came off the ground, I brown one I believe. It went to the fender or something, hooked that back up and it ran like a champ.

snipped-for-privacy@138mail.com wrote:

YOu either got power or you don't. get a volt meter and turn the lights on. Start at the battery and see where the power stops. I assume you had CLEAN battery cables and your battery is charged. MY bet is a bad ground at the starter where the master ground wire goes to the engine block. If the lights won't come on, its just a matter of following where the power stops. Just turn the headlight switch on and trace where the 12 volts stops.
Bob
-

Act like an asshole and people will treat you as such. Take your car to the shop and then tell 'em you already have a good idea what's wrong and what it should cost to repair it. Then give 'em a good earful about how crooked you think they are. Also mention the fact that you will not be an easy mark.
And don't forget to give them a list of problems you know it "isn't" because of the new parts you've already thrown at it.