DO NOT DRIVE UNTIL IT'S FIXED!!

9 chances out of 10 the damage is already done. ANY glycol in that engine (if it's a 3.8) is FATAL.
Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

A second mechanic has confirmed the timing cover as the source of the leak. Estimates to repair range from $750-$870, so I guess it's time to say bye to the Windstar which is a shame. A shame to think what a POS this van must have been. One of the reasons I liked it was that it a Ford rebuilt engine dropped in 50,000 miles ago and a Ford rebuilt transmission dropped in 5,000 miles ago. I figured "Heh, what could go wrong?". Famouse last words. Also, a shame as we had really grown attatched to it. My wife will miss for dragging her lunch group around and my son (and his dating) will especially miss it.

Thanks to everyone who responded!

Reply to
Harvey Sprayberry