1990 GT A/C Idle Problem

I have a 1990 GT and when I turn on the A/C it makes the car idle much lower than it should be...i have been told that this is some sort of part that is supposed to increase the idle when the a/c is switched on
but i haven't been able to confirm where it is; the car will even idle out nad turn off if I leave the a/c on in park for a couple of minutes...any ideas guys????
thanks
GT5OH

Idle speed is about 600-650 on v8. Should be 500-550 with IAC harness off.
IAC idle warm about 750 on v6 and about 900 on 4 cyl
Replace IAC, dont bother cleaning it.. unless you have just a sometime glitch and want to see if that affects it... cleaning often changes the idle symptoms, but also often never works right all the time.
you pay..DEAL with it!