1990 GT A/C Idle Problem

I have a 1990 GT and when I turn on the A/C it makes the car idle much lower than it should be...i have been told that this is some sort of part that is supposed to increase the idle when the a/c is switched on but i haven't been able to confirm where it is; the car will even idle out nad turn off if I leave the a/c on in park for a couple of minutes...any ideas guys????

thanks

GT5OH

Reply to
goldandjewels

replace IAC

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

WRONG !

Reply to
Dr. Moria

:)

Ya think?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

just spray a can of carb cleaner through it and put it back on, good for another 50k miles

Reply to
Dr. Moria