1994 Ford Thunderbird keeps killing my battery Please help

I can't figure out what is killing my battery and need help. Please give me some idea as to what may be draining my battery and how to fix it.

Land wrote:

what have u checked so far? have u tried a new battery? have u check you charging system? is it charging properly.
Or a short or switch stuck on.

Pull all the fuses before bedtime. If the battery is still charged you know one of those circuits is the problem.
If the battery is dead then it is something else.
I put a new battery in. I was told that if I disconnect one of the battery cables while the car is running and the car turns off that means it's the alternator, so I tried that but it did not turn off. That's all I know to try.
"Land" wrote

There's still "mechanics" telling people to pull the cable while it's running? They must sell a lot of electrical parts, as that's an excellent way to destroy the alternator, the ECU (computer), the radio, and many other electrical parts, due to the huge voltage spike caused by the "load" of the battery suddenly being removed.
Also, if the battery happens to be charging at the time, it will be producing hydrogen gas, which vents out the top of the battery, usually right next to the terminals. A spark from the cable, and kaboom... a face full of acid.
The same thing happened to my 93 t-bird, it was a bad alternator and starter relay which was draining my battery. c man
Could be the voltage regulator in the alternator/ measure the battery with a voltmeter while running. Should say about 14+ volts... that's a start for you. Hank PA

Hank wrote:

Don't disconnect battery while engine's running; it could fry something in a modern car. Get a plug-in voltmeter to keep a running check on system voltage. The voltage should stay in the 13.5V~14.5V range when engine is running. A fully charged battery is 12.7 volts (after 3 hours off-charge). if the battery's fully charged after shutdown, and drops to say 12.2V overnight, there's a drain which can be caused by a stuck switch (hood, trunk, glove box, etc.), a defective battery that won't hold a charge, or the alternator has a defective diode, allowing reverse current flow after shutdown.