88 Thunderbird, help please?

A few weeks ago some of my gauges stopped working. The fuel gauge (very important), the temp gauge, and the pressure gauge. Every once in a while they'll work for a day or less, then back to null.

Also, how do I change the combination on the outside of the drivers side door?

Thanks Steve

Remove NOSPAMMING from my email address to reply.

Reply to
SMoo

Sounds like a loose/corroded connector behind the instrument panel. Clean the connector and it will probably be OK. Also check for loose ground connections.

The comb>

Reply to
Sharon K. Cooke

Better check all the fuses first for the gauges.........

Reply to
Scott

If it was a blown fuse, they wouldn't work for a little while, then go dead again...

Reply to
SMoo

"SMoo" wrote

The only thing all 3 gauges have in common is that they're fed by the instrument voltage regulator on the back of the cluster. It's about the size of a 9-volt battery, and clips onto the plastic circuit board (very tightly). I think you can still buy them from Ford, or you can snag one from the wrecker, or go solid-state:

MasterBlaster