1996 Ford Taurus

I recently bought a 1996 Ford Taurus that had been sitting in a Lot for a while. I was backing out of my driveway and when I went to put it into drive, it didn?t go foward. It?s not switching gears. Everything sounds normal. I was just wondering if there was an easy fix to this problem. Thanks.

Reply to
KentStater

Possible linkage problem?? Rusty? Worse case scenario: transmission

Reply to
ankhe105

Does it go backwards, but not forwards? First, double-check the trans=20 fluid level. Also, the neutral-saftey switch (or whatever it's called=20 now) could be bad. Otherwise, you could have a damaged forward clutch,=20 which is the weak point of the Taurus's transmission.

--=20 If there is a no_junk in my address, please REMOVE it before replying! All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the=20 law!!

Andrew Rossmann

Does it go backwards, but not forwards? First, double-check the trans fluid level. Also, the neutral-saftey switch (or whatever it's called now) could be bad. Otherwise, you could have a damaged forward clutch, which is the weak point of the Taurus's transmission.

-- If there is a no_junk in my address, please REMOVE it before replying! All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!!

tom