1996 ford taurus driver door removal

Hello experts

I have a 1996 turaus GL that needs a frt drvr door replacement, longstory don't ask.

Here is my question the removal procedure in manual says to disconnect large electric connector on the driver frnt door however it is a bear to try and even get it out. The door I got at junkyard I ended up cutting the wires just below the conncter. Does anyone know how to disconnect this thing, I understand there is special tool to remove it, but the ford manual doesn't ref it. I did a search and apparently no one has had to remove door at least on this site. any assistance would be appreciated

Reply to
shadetree mx

Removal

  1. Note: This is a two person operation.

Remove two door check-to-body retaining bolts.

  1. Cover end of check strap to prevent possible paint damage.

  1. On driver front door, disconnect window regulator safety relay switch wiring to door, if so equipped, by removing wire connector cover, loosening screw and separating connector halves.

  2. If door is to be replaced, transfer the following components to the new door if in usable condition: front door trim panel, watershield, outside mouldings, clips, front door window regulators, and door latch components.

  1. Remove hinge retaining bolts and nuts from door and remove door.

Installation

  1. Position door hinges and hand tighten bolts.

  1. Align door and tighten bolts to 25-35 N-m (19-25 lb-ft).

  2. Connect electrical connectors at front door. Tighten screw to 6-8 N-m (54-70 lb-in). Install wire connector cover

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Rob

thanks for the help a buddy of m> shadetree mx wrote:

Reply to
shadetree mx