I have a 1996 turaus GL that needs a frt drvr door replacement,
longstory don't ask.
Here is my question the removal procedure in manual says to disconnect
large electric connector on the driver frnt door however it is a bear
to try and even get it out. The door I got at junkyard
I ended up cutting the wires just below the conncter. Does anyone know
how to disconnect
this thing, I understand there is special tool to remove it, but the
ford manual doesn't ref it.
I did a search and apparently no one has had to remove door at least on
any assistance would be appreciated
1. Note: This is a two person operation.
Remove two door check-to-body retaining bolts.
2. Cover end of check strap to prevent possible paint damage.
3. On driver front door, disconnect window regulator safety relay switch
wiring to door, if so equipped, by removing wire connector cover,
loosening screw and separating connector halves.
4. If door is to be replaced, transfer the following components to the
new door if in usable condition: front door trim panel, watershield,
outside mouldings, clips, front door window regulators, and door latch
5. Remove hinge retaining bolts and nuts from door and remove door.
1. Position door hinges and hand tighten bolts.
2. Align door and tighten bolts to 25-35 N-m (19-25 lb-ft).
3. Connect electrical connectors at front door. Tighten screw to 6-8 N-m
(54-70 lb-in). Install wire connector cover
thanks for the help a buddy of mine suggested I look for a cap on plug.
Found the top cover with the bolt that separates those halves the day
after I sent this in. You are right though this is a 2 person job My
son and I did it, not bad just and awkward shape to have to deal with
Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.