1998 Ford Windstar

we bought a van that supposedly just needed a crank sensor. we put a new one in and the car will not turn over. changed coil pack, did not work, changed some gaskets and the brain....still not turning over. spark plugs
not firing but are getting flooded out! can not figure it out. please help. also where is the fuel pump shut off on this thing? I have searched the internet looking for answers but can not find them! thank you so much
Look at the left hand kick panel, right near the hood release; there should be a hole in it that you can stick your finger into and press the reset button. Word of advice, next time you buy a car, get it checked over by a mechanic, even if it means you have to tow it there. With the money you already have invested here, that might still be a sound idea.

that did not work....thank you for trying though. I was wondering if anyone knows weather or not this van is supposed to have a chip in the key? my key does not have a chip. I have replaced so many things and still nothing. We are so lost to this. My van is turning over but not firing. Please help me!
Do yourself a favor and find yourself a decent mechanic. If it "doesn't turn over" like you say none of the parts you have replaced had any hope of fixing it. If it cranks but won't start that's a whole nother situation. If you don't know the difference between the two you don't really have any hopes of fixing it yourself. Bob

Ok I am not the mechanic my step-father is. I thought that "turn over" meant "turn on" I was wrong I dont know cars. He corrected me and said that it turns over when it makes sound that it was not firing. that is why I put firing in the second time. but thank you for what I guess was your attemp to help.
Here is a likely scenario- whoever sold it to you replaced the ignition lock and or bought a non Ford key that is SUPPOSED to have a chip(the chip is an anti-theft device). Now, the control module does not recognise the key, and will not allow the vehicle to start. A trip to the dealer may be your only way to fix this.(and I just can't help but think, if ALL it needed were a crank sensor, why did the seller not fix it and raise the saleable price several thousand)

Thank you. I took it to greenway ford last night and they called this morning. It is not the key. they do not know what it is. they ran a diagnostics and still can not figure it out. so they are going to check all the electronics manually and see if they can figure it out. well, with a 3 hour limit. lol. they run up a lot of money. if I can get it fixed I will let you know what it was for curiosity purposes. thank you for all your help. I really do appreciate it.