1999 Sable brake light and PCV

For a 1999 Sable DOHC 24v V-6

1) Can't seem to find the PCV valve. Can anyone help on this?

2) Also, just to verify, to replace the brake lights for this car, I have to remove the nuts for the lens assembly. The brake light is not one of those twist-and-tug types that I can get to from the trunk, right?

Thanks for any help!

Stacy

Reply to
Stacy

Can't help with the PCV valve.

If the 99 Sable is anything like the 99 Taurus which I have, the brake lamp assembly must be removed from the trunk, then you can access the brake lamp socket to replace the light. I seem to recall about 5 nuts which must be removed to loosen the assembly. The nuts are underneath the carpeting in the trunk.

It was designed for manufacturing - not service.

The 99 Taurus has the PCV valve on the top of the right rear part of the engine. It may not be similar.

GT

Reply to
GT