2000 Excursion Question

Hey all:
I have a 2000 Excursion Limited. The problem here is that the rear driver side door does not lock or unlock some of the time. Is this a sign of the
actuator failing or something else. I can hear it click and it tries to lock, but no go. Thanks in advance!!!
Scott

May be time for some lube to the locking mechanism as it appears to be sticking.