Taurus rear springs

My wife's 2000 Taurus was towed-in due to a broken rear spring. the spring broke while parked in the drve-way 2 nights ago.
I understand this event is common in the Ford Taurus, just wondering if
there has beena recall issue on this defect?
Than in advance.
snipped-for-privacy@voyager.net says...

There was a recall for the FRONT springs, and that just involved installing some shields so the broken spring wouldn't puncture the tire.
says...

Ford replaced the front springs last year under warranty on my wife's car.

My 2000 Taurus wagon was like that. About the time I got the recall notice, I was changing the brakes and found that the rear spring was broken. Took it to the dealer, pointed out that the problem was obvious and common, and talked them into replacing both the rear springs (spring rate changes with age, so only changing one was not going to be good for the handling, etc. That's what I told the dealer, and they agreed.) This was in 2005 or so, so it was out of warranty at the time.
Good luck.
CJB