2002 Taurus

I am on my 3rd fuel pump for my 2002 Ford Taurus. I put about 25,000 miles on the car per year. Also, I'm on my 4th fuel pump for my 1998 Ford Ranger.
Has anyone else had similar problems with Ford fuel pumps? Is there a problem with Ford fuel pumps in general? Any ideas?
Thanks.
John Morgan
John Morgan wrote:

Do you regularly run the tank nearly to empty before filling up?
Are you changing the fuel filters at the recommended intervals?
John Morgan wrote:

I'm on my second Taurus... kept my first one for 10 years and I've had this one for four. I've yet to burn out a fuel pump. The electric fuel pump on these cars are intended to be immerged in gasoline for cooling purposes. I have always made it a point to refuel as soon as the low fuel light comes on, even though I know the tank still has 3 gallons or so left in it.
If I had to guess, you like to run it a lot closer to empty. If you do, stop. The pump needs the cooling capacity of the gasoline washing over it.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
Where are you located John? Do you use Shell gasoline - or gasoline produced at a Shell refinery?
http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2002/05/28/consumers/Shellsuit_020528 http://www.whnet.com/4x4/bad_fuel.txt http://www.aiada.org/article.asp?id 452 http://www.local6.com/automotive/3378460/detail.html
Regards,
Ed White