2002 Taurus 'Blower Motor Resistor" Diagnosis and replacement?

The Car: 2002 FORD TAURUS THE ENGINE It's thje V-6 one with the OHV listed Their are 3 different motors offered for the Taturus that year and I think mine is the more rare and lowest HP iif that matters in selecting/finding the correct part number?

Problem:All the sudden, heat or air, the blower speed will only work on HIGH. No other position will blow any air at all.

I was told to replace the Resistor back, I got confushed and bought and replaced the #1 iterm below which luckly wasn't expensive. Anyway that's the problem I have.

After replacing the Low-low-Med-Med-High Switch with electrical contacts "Fan Switch #Duralast # SW3287" bought from AutoZone"

THEN replaced #3 Relay swittch (Relay #3 DURALAST # 19273) from AutoZone"

The only thing left is the 'Blower Motor Resister" which is located at the firewall directly past the Glove Box requiring the Box be removed.

So what I've already replaced is this...

1. "Fan Switch #Duralast # SW3287" bought from AutoZone" 2. "Relay #3 DURALAST # 19273" again from AutoZone"

Of course I had to buy this U-shaped things to pop-out the radio/hvac panel which costs $4.99...

From "Advance Auto Parts Store" BWD Blower Motor Resistor Part No. RU1096 $14.59

or

From "Autozone" Blower Motor Resistor Duralast / Blower Motor Resistor Part Number : JA1536 $19.99

Which is a Superior Part? Can someone give me some tips or advance on how to replace this resistor?

ALSO When searching the Internet the problem is people call this part/device by many different names, up to 6 different names/titles and that just confuses the heck out of me.

Anyway, throw me a bone if ya can, thankls

Add pictures here
✖

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 14:00:10 -0500, Please Help Me Please

Most likely part for that problem IS the resistor - but being a FORD it could also be a burned connector in the blower circuit.

Add pictures here
✖

On Mar 1, 2:00 pm, Please Help Me Please

That sounds like the blower motor resistor pack at fault.

How about buying the blower motor resistor pack at the Ford dealer. I have been pleasantly suprised at their prices and friendlyness. On my 2003 Taurus I replaced the resistors and then a couple of weeks later had to replace the blower motor; all through the glove compartment in 2007. Perhaps the real issue with my car is when the panel-cowl outside the windshield warps, rain water got in the heater reisistor and blower area. So I had the Ford dealer install their retro fit kit that drained the rain water differently.

Perhaps a 1/4" socket set and a work light would be nice, I do not think any other tools are needed. Relax, think of replacing the resistor pack only as a practice run ... of when you will be replacing the blower motor.

Add pictures here
✖

That sounds like the blower motor resistor pack at fault.

Looks like MSRP on the blower resistor is only $21.58. Not bad for OEM.

http://www.teamfordparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid !4270&chapter=&sectionids=9,0&groupid074&subgroupid 020&componentida538&make&model=Taurus&year 03&catalogid=1&displayCatalogid=0

Add pictures here
✖

SORRY I didn't post sooner but the EXACT fix was the 'Blower Motor Resistor" located under and behind the glove box.

I couldn't personally do the repair due to a few physical disabilities but a close relative spent about 10 minutes to replace the part. That was on Saturday March 6th.

That mad the repair cost under $20. Not to shabby

I love setting AC/Heat on something other than Nuclear High or else.

This NG is unique in giving correct answers and very kittle spam.

TOO ALL 3 who ofered me help, thanks..

Add pictures here
✖

Nothing found yet