Blower Motor Resistor Pack Question

Anyone know if the resister pack is interchangeable from a 1988 Fox to

1988 Golf? The Golf's resistor pack just failed and I've only got high speed on the blower right now. I've got a resistor pack that came out of a Fox someone was parting out.
Reply to
Bruce Baxter

They should be interchangable - the only difference between the two models is the rear of the car, the drivetrain & most of the interior & body forward of the "B" pillar are pretty much interchangable. AFAIK VW used the same resistor pack over most models and if it comes to worst case you can repair the pack, I used the resistance wire from a defunct pop-up toaster and crimped the newly made coils to the remains of the old one.

Reply to
Sean

Jim B.

Reply to