2002 Taurus - Cabin Air Filter

My wife's 2002 Taurus has the 15,000 maintenance coming up. It says replace the cabin air filter, if equipped.
The manual doesn't say if it has one, and I can't tell where to look.
It's a 2002 Taurus SES Deluxe.
John
Never Mind. I found a site that gives the info.
http://www.cabinairfilters.net/cabin%20air%208109.htm
John

says...

I'd like to give a BIG warning about the water shield that sits above the filter. I have a 2000 Sable, and some Jiffy Lube goons broke off a section of the shield. When it rained, water now dripped DIRECTLY into the filter, and eventually into the car. There is a flexible section that needs to bend sharply and fit in a narrow space to the side of the filter. If you are not careful, it can be easily torn off.
I think the filter is standard in higher-line versions, unless Ford cost cutting eliminated it entirely. Even if you don't have it, you can look to see if it has the holder still welded in. If so, you could always add the filter.
One problem with Ford's placement on the Gen 4 (2000+) Taurus/Sable is that it sits flat and leaves and stuff can easily sit in it. Sometimes, I need to take mine out and wrap it in some window screening to keep the larger junk off of it.

It seems like that the 2002 and 2003 models doesn't have CAF's. (I may be wrong.) However, you can check by looking in the cowl on your wife's 2002 Taurus SES Deluxe. The CAF should be in there under the plastic cover in the cowl. You'll need hand tools to remove the plastic cover to get to the CAF.
My car is a 2002 Ford Taurus SEL Premium and it has 43,000 miles on it. I personally don't know if my car has a CAF. I usually have the dealer do maintenace services on my car because they know my car. The Ford dealer where I have my car serviced usually get the job done right the first time.
Try this link: http://www.cabinairfilters.net/cabin%20air%208109.htm It has the part number and instalation instruction. Hope this helps.
~CyberWolf