2002 Taurus SEL Wagon fuse / short question ...

When I got my oil changed at a local dealership, recently ... and they did their complimentary inspection ... they pointed out to me that both rear
license plate bulbs were burned out ... and when they changed the bulbs, the lights did not work. They urged me to book a session wherein this problem could be figured out / solved.
I put off getting that done and a couple weeks later when I started the car up after sunset one evening, I found that I had no dashboard lights. When I got home I did a walk-around the car and of course found that there were no parking lights either. This situation must have occurred that day, as I park in an underground parking garage and the dashboard, etc. lights automatically come on noticeably.
I checked the manual and the fuse and sure enough the 15Amp fuse for that circuit was burned out. I put in another fuse (20 Amp as that was all I had on hand) and all the lights (except for the licence plate bulbs) worked once again.
Three days later that fuse burned out again.
************************************ Question: How hard is it likely to be to find the cause of the short or whatever is causing this?
Thanks !!
-Ron- Edmonton, Canada
I don't know if it's relevant but a year or so the remote lock on my wagon's tailgate stopped working. Then just recently the license plate lights stopped working And then the fuse for parking lights, power mirror, dashboard lights keeps blowing.
I mention the tailgate remote lock ... in case it gives anybody any ideas as to where I should start looking for the problem in my previous posting.
Thanks,
-Ron- Emdonton

It sounds like you don't have any test equipment but you could look at the flexable section of wire running from the body to the hatch.
Bill