94 taurus /EEC Fuse

1994 Taurus gl 3.0 blows 30amp EEC fuse Anybody know were were I could start looking to find short?
Reply to
PAUL5SAN

PAUL5SAN opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m21.aol.com:

WHEN does it blow it?

Exactly

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

blows fuse when driving up hill with in a half mile had idling in driveway for over an hour with no problem . noisey fuel pump in tank at times .idles smooth

Reply to
PAUL5SAN

PAUL5SAN opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m19.aol.com:

tough one... follow big harness, rap and tug

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Once i junked one and was taking parts off. I took the air box plumbing off and was working on the drivers side of the engine. The big harness going across the top Left of the engine had rubbed and bare wires were exposed. You could not see this without de layering a bunch of stuff. You had to pull the harness up to see it.

Good luck.

Bob

Reply to
BOB URZ

BOB URZ opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@inetnebr.com:

So... if you hold the brakes, in drive, and rev engine and it blows...

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

It Was Big Harness that ran behind motor original staps broke and harness was against exhaust. runs great had several frayed wires and 2 that were burnt threw now the ck engine lite is on I thought it would go out after we fixed problem and had battery disconnected .

Thanks all for your help Evevery one seem to be right

Reply to
PAUL5SAN

PAUL5SAN opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m18.aol.com:

is it ALWAYS on or sometimes?

go to autozone have codes read and come back..

DONT change ego sensors if ref comes up till you come back.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

codes 12,21,33 lite is on steady after a minute running. took off egr vaccum tested /worked found cracked vaccum hose today we replaced frame bushings sinnce there were none.

Reply to
PAUL5SAN