30a fuse short update

Just wanted to thank you guys for the reply on my 2000 ram that was blowing a fuse.

I still could not find the problems so I went to justanswerDOTcom and a dodge tech led me right to it.

he felt is was a short along the wiring harness somewhere..he was right!

it was a short caused by the air filter screw ( aftermarket airfilter) . a zip-tie holding the wiring harness above it broke and the harness was drooping and rubbed against it. when I pushed down on it ( while the engine was running) the fuse blew again.

replaced zip tie, taped up the wires and re-secured the harness--- good to go !

Reply to
EDTHEWARD

Wow, good for you! Whodathunkit?

I'd never heard of the JA web site but I've just added it to my Bookmarks. Thanks for mentioning it, it may come in handy.

Karl

Reply to
KaPOP

And how much did it cost you?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

9 bucks fixed the problem. I gave him another 9 because he was right on the money. total $18.00

I had the right to not pay anything if the answer did not pan out or I was unsatisfied.

after I conversed with him It took me about 15 min. to troubleshoot and fix the problem.

Hell, the garage that had my truck charged me 25 to diagnose that I blew a fuse and they didn't fix squat except change the fuse.

all in all a good experience with the site.

Reply to
EDTHEWARD

not find the problems so I went to justanswerDOTcom and a

======== ========

freek'n shops......charge'n diagnostic fees!!!??!!!

There oughta be a law... there oughta be a law.......

next you know........ some freek'n doctor,denist,lab tech,or plumber...... is gonna wanna CHARGE to take a guess......

yep......

there oughta be a law!!!!

~:~ marshmonster ~sips his crownroyal.....looks across the dinner table at his kids and wife.......here....tim.....you get the last breadcrumb tonight son......not to worry kids.....the boss said we may start chargin for stuff soon.......jest hang in there~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

I never even HEARD of a diagnostic fee until well after I got out of the business. Most of them are still worth what we charged for them....it's still an educated guess w/o a warranty.

Reply to
BigIronRam

It seems Tom Lawrence gave you about the same advice - find a problem in the wiring harness. Oh well, I guess advice is worth what you pay for it.

Reply to
Ed H.

yes, Tom did point that out, but the tech was very specific, and felt it was a wiring short problem and pointed out places too look.

I went with the testing on the injectors with Tom, and just did a quick visual test of the wiring harness, and at the time I was not sure what I was looking for.

Reply to
EDTHEWARD

I'm glad you found the problem and it doesn't sound like you spent much to find the cause. I hope I didn't sound sarcastic, that wasn't my intent (though after reading my own post it reads that way). Its difficult to include inflection in the written word.

Reply to
Ed H.