2008 Taurus X

I'm in the market for a mid-sized SUV and, among others, will be checking out the 2008 Taurus X which I understand is a redesigned Freestyle. If anyone can share their experience with the 2008 Taurus X, I would appreciate
it.
Thanx.

The January 2008 issue of Consumer Reports reviewed it. It has an OK review and has a recommended rating, as the previous Freestyle had average reliability. The Toyota Highlander rated best, but doesn't have any recommendation due to recent issues with Toyota quality.
says...

My Mother has a 2005 Freestyle and it has been perfect (no problems at all). Hers is AWD with the now discontinued CVT. I highly recommend the Freestyle, although I think it is overpriced compared to the Taurus Sedan (which is also available with AWD).
I have sat in but not driven the Highlander. It is much improved over the previous model as far as seaing comfort for me is concerned. It is very well finished. Similarly equipped it will be more expensive than the Taurus X. I would not be concerned about the reliability of the Highlander. Most of Toyota's recent significat problems have been with trucks and not cars. Although the Highlander is marketed as a Crossover SUV, it is just a tall Camry Station Wagon. The mechanicals are all related to the Camry and have been proven in many markets.
Ed