2008 Highlander

I'm in the market for a mid-sized SUV and, among other brands, I'll be looking at the 2008 Highlander which I understand has been redesigned. Anyone have any experience with that unit that you can share?

Thanx

Reply to
mdrawson

There are a lot of new 08 in that segment. Here's some add'l reference:

First Drive: 2008 Toyota Highlander - Previews

johngdole

I am pretty sure that most have seen my posts on my 08 'lander. I had an 02 that had about 70k on it when I got the 08 in July.

Ours is the AWD Limited. I've just over 6k miles on it. I recently drove it on the same trip I did several times with the 02. 08 much better in all respects. My butt didn't feel near as fatigued. I get a good mile or more better around town (usually about 17.2-17.5) and depending on length of trip about 1-2.5 mpg better than epa says. it is fairly well loaded. Maybe not quite at "taut" a ride as the 02 but much more comfortable. The electric steering coupled with low profile 19" tires makes steering pretty touchy but it is fine now that I'm somewhat used to it.

I'd like to see the seats "cooled" like our Avalon (its HOT here in Redding, Ca in summer) as well as I'd like the LED turnsignals in the outside mirrors like the Avalon.

Basically a fine fit for my usage.

Ron in Ca

Reply to
ron