7.3 turbo diesel

i installed a 4inch bullydog exhaust system and a cold air intake on my

2000 f-350 and now i am getting a funny exhaust flutter and backpressure engine codes. anybody help me.
Reply to
machu

if it were me.. and that's only conjecture, mind you...I think I would be asking the mfrs of "bullydog" about it.. not this group.

I DO think we can rule out the cold air intake.

Hope that helps.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

and anuvver fing....

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I can see two possibilities for the "flutter.... first may be because of the lack of sound deadening in the intake caused by the addition of the cold air system.... Incidentally, most of the so called cold air systems I have seen for the 7.3 wind up drawing more hot, underhood air than the stock system they replaced. A much better choice for an intake might have been the AIS available at most Ford dealers. This sytem still draws air from behind the grille but uses a filter medium just like the 6.0.

For the backpressure codes... there are several different codes that deal with the EBP and the EBV... I am not going to try and guess which. Most common is the P0470 (memory thing) and similar and usually refer to a failed or plugged EBP sensor and/or a plugged EBP pipe. Other possibilities include a disconnected EBV actuator in the turbo pedestal (possibly disconnected when the exhaust was installed....).

You're welcome....

Reply to
Jim Warman