91 Ranger Oil Pressure problem

I just had my clutch replaced in my '91 Ranger 4x4, and while they were in there, the mechanics replaced the rear main oil seal. Now the oil pressure
gauge (not idiot lights. This one has gauges) won't indicate pressure until the vehicle has been running for a while. I don't know if it is coincidental that it started doing this after the work was done since it is a high mile engine, or if the mechanic did something wrong.
I did an engine fluch and a fresh oil change yesterday hoping that it would resolve the problem, but no luck.
Any thoughts?
2.9L 226KMiles 5spd 4x4
Thanks,
GMach3 wrote:

I'd STILL check the oil pressure with a MECHANICAL gauge at the OP port, reason being that Ford SEEMINGLY kept the oil pressure gauge on its trucks, but what they REALLY did (starting late '80s) on the trucks was to make the oil pressure gauge just another idiot light, but with a pointer needle. They made the same bogus fix on the cars with gauges (e.g., Mustang) around '94. This change was made to eliminate complaints from some owners that oil pressure dropped after the engines warmed up. The change probably saved Ford a few bucks per vehicle also (a resistor vs. a real sending unit).

I doubt it has anything to do with the seal. The only way this would be the case is if the oil leaks back into the engine after the engine is started through the seal.
How was the oil level before you changed the oil?
Jeff

The oil level prior to the change was fine. Sound like this must just be a coincidence.

The only way the seal to affect the oil pressure is for oil to leak out through it. So it must be a coincidence.
Jeff