-93 Cougar - Drumming Brakes

Hi gang-
My Cougar has been making noises when I stop. It's a drumming noise and is worse on a hard stop. I usually associate this type of noise with drum
brakes but it sounds like it is up front somewhere. There is no vibration in the steering wheel and the car does not seem to pull. I have been over both front and back brakes and everything looks fine. I even replaced the rear drums and shoes last fall to see if that was it - no change. Everything seems tight everywhere I look but the drumming has gotten worse.
I am going to get under it this weekend but I thought maybe I could gather some suggestions from you-all.
Thanks!!
PoD
--

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

-Hanlon's razor

I had a problem with severe shaking and noise on braking. Turned out to be tires. When I re-balanced, the problem went away.
Thanks, Kent. The odd part is there is no vibration - just the noise. I'm planning to dig into it the weekend. Tires were changed after the noise began with no change. I appreciate the tip.
PoD