93 escort Intake problems HELP

Okay i have a 93 1.9 escort "stick" i jus had the thermostate and houing replaced...i was told that the intake gasket needed to get replaced to fix
my idle problem ,had that done today and it is still going right to the 0 and stalling..wtf els could it be?
Do you mean still going to zero rpms and stalling?
Check the intake air hose that runs from the air box to the throttle body for cracks, holes, dry-rot, etc. I had someone's car once running like this because they had a big crack in theirs on the same gen Escort. If you find any holes or cracks try putting your hand over it and you should see the RPMs go back to normal.
Some duct tape should get you to the auto parts store if indeed it is cracked.
On 19 Apr 2005 13:09:42 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

lmfao ducttape what a hack get the fuck out of this shop
hurc ast
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Duck tape gets you to the store to buy parts. It beats pushing the car.
JP
--
JP White
mailto: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

The only 'hack' is the garbage they shipped from the factory that fails in 10 years. The duct tape in my attic is no less than 25 years old, experiences 170F on a regular basis.
Personally instead of giving Ford a $100 prize for selling me time-delayed-self-destructive shit the first time around, I patched my (92 Explorer 4.0) leaking intake hose with a dab of permatex (flexible, heat resistant, already in my toolbox). The 'hack' outlasted the rest of the car's normal effective useful life.
I have a question... What do you drive, and does it recieve the kind (and expense) of maintenance you suggest here
And a bit OT - I'm not much of a Bush fan myself. 9/11 was a tragedy and what has and is still occuring in Afghanistan and Iraq is a tragedy. Osama, Saddam, Bush, Martin... all "good politicians".
JS
it goes to ero but if i hit the gas its ok till im idling again...
Check the large intake air hose and report back.
Don't listen to bozo, he can't figure out which side of the duct tape to put on his mouth.
To be sure, the duct tape tip is only temporary to get you to an auto parts store if you have to replace the hose and have no other means of getting there. The tape will temporarily prevent the over abundance of unmetered air from reaching your throttle body and stalling your engine. That is of course if the problem is what I think it is.
Of course, the exalted Ford wannabe mechanic scoffs at such a proposition, until he finds himself with a stalled Escort and a roll of duct tape.
Christen wrote:

Check the tube the PCV valve is housed in (crankcase breather tube). An air leak in that hose can cause slow idle and/or stall.
The IAC Valve is also a candidate. Easy to replace, not too cheap tho, try other things first.
JP
--
JP White
mailto: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net
There is a PVC valve on this car????
I would suggest that they look for vacuum leaks.