'95 Taurus Engine cooling fan stopped

The engine cooling fan stopped on my nieces 95 Taurus. It turns freely by hand tho, and has three wires going to it. Don't have a wiring diagram. Need some suggestions for quick checks of likely problem areas
on this model. Thanks in advance. Macy
macy wrote:

Is it overheating? I believe that unit has a two speed fan. If the fan is ok, it could be a relay module above the radiator. Or, the computer could not be giving the signal to turn it on.
You would need to know if the fan has voltage when the motor is hot.
Bob
Yes, the car was overheating and I noticed the fan off at that time. I have now checked the continuity thru fan with ohmeter..it was good and 50 amp fan fuse was good. No 12v at fan, after running engine about 3or4 minutes but I am afraid to get it any hotter for fear of causing more damage.(Am waiting on a service manual}. Meanwhile can you tell me the exact positon of the relay/s and computer module on '95 Taurus 3.8??? Thanks. Macy
BOB URZ wrote:

macy wrote:

There is a long plastic cover above the radiator. Take it off. Below that cover is a module that has a screw in the middle of its wiring connector. This is the relay module (CCRM i believe it called) It controls the fans as well as the fuel pump and a few other things.
The cars main computer is behind the glove box facing the fire wall.
Bob