Engine cooling fan problem

This is my problem with my 99 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2 L. I noticed that the temperture guage, on the dash board, has been getting a little higher. Not over heating, but still high. I checked with the manual and checked to see about the power coming to the 30 Amp fuse and I have the required 12 volts on one side of it. I also checked the fuse and it is fine. I swicthed the relay with the one from the blower motor and noticed it worked (both of these relays are exactly the same type). I thought that I fixed the problem. When I put the realy that was used for the engine cooling fan in the blower slot, the blower for the heater and everything else worked fine. Yet it seem to be still getting hot and the fan is not kicking in. There must be some type of sending unit that tells the fan to kick in and out, but I am not sure where to find it. Could this be the only problem or am I over looking something else? And also how can I tell if the relay's are no good, I mean how do I test them.

Reply to
bdeditch