95 Taurus Taillights

Hi Group,

I got into my '95 Taurus tonight and noticed that the dashboard lights didn't work. My passenger said that this means the taillights are also off too. I checked and they were. We checked all the fuses and a 20 amp was blown, so we replaced it, but this didn't fix the lights and prolly went to something else I don't use, like the cigarette lighter or something. Any help is appreciated.

-- [Default Signature]

Reply to
Max Power

No one answered about this, so I took the Taurus to the mechanic because it needed a new heater core anyway. The mechanic said that the problem was caused by the light module - the timer inside the light module, so this was not an electrical fuse or physical connection-type problem, but an electronic problem inside a module. This is good to know, because my dad's Ford van has the exact same problem - lights not working, even though all fuses are good.

-- [Default Signature]

Reply to
Max Power