'96 Ranger 4.0

Just fixed 2 squeaks under the hood of the long-ranger. First I replaced the belt tensioner which had both bad bearing and worn out pivot. That got part of the noise, but onlt what was masking the rest
of the noise. This morning I replaced the cam synchronizer. Could the engineers have made it more difficult to get at without making it impossible??? You can't see the darn thing, and you can't get a straight shot at either of the 7/32 sensor screwa or the 10mm hold down bolt. I managed to break rge bolt loose with a 3/8" drive flex, but needed to use a 1/4 drive to get it out - and my trusty old craftsman ignition wrench to get the cap screws. The shaft was pretty well siezed. Took me just over an hour, and the old Ford chewed me up pretty good, but didn't draw any blood. Sure glad the alignment tool comes with the replacement - it would be virtually impossible to install without it
First under-hood parts replacements in 20 years and about 345000km.

You did good.
in message

You did good.
For a change
On Sun, 2 Oct 2016 14:06:40 -0700, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"

LOL!!! Nothing at all. Just seeing if you would say anything. =OD