99 Ranger 4.0 cyl

Hey Everyone,

I am having issues with my ranger. I have replaced the alternator twice in 4 days. I have replaced the terminals because they were corroded and I have had the battery checked out and charged multiple times. My battery light will not go off. The gage in the dash is reading low for power and I am in need of some help or guidance as to my next step in fixing the problem. I am probably going to check the fusable link tonight, but if that doesnt fix it I am not sure what to do.

Thanks,

Trent

Reply to
Trent

What kind of alternator? When I worked selling auto parts about a dozen years ago, I bought the cheapest replacement alternator we had, figuring that it was very easy for me to replace it again if it didn't last long. I actually had 3 of our cheap alternator on my car in a month's time before I finally forked over the difference and bought a good quality reman.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

I replaced my original alternator with a palladium? alternator from advanced auto. Maybe I should look into getting a different brand alternator?

Thanks,

Trent

Reply to
Trent

There's no way to say for sure that the Paladium is the problem, but they're not exactly the top of the line...

I would be more apt to gamble on a junkyard piece than a lot of "rebuilt" alternators, especially if the yard would warranty it.

CJB

Reply to
CJB