97 Ford Taurus SHO p0412 code

set code P0412: SECONDARY AIR INJECTION system switching valve a ciruit malfunction;
Any ideas on correcting this?
Shut light off, and it hasnt come back on?

partsmore opined in

That's cryptic.
Assume you mean it hasnt happened since you reset the light.
If it says "circuit malfunction" that would be the switching circuit itself.
I would assume it might be either in the wiring or the valve actuator solenoid itself; in which case, inspect, and clean, replace (solenoid) as necessary.

Light came on in 5 miles after restting it; which valve? and where is it located? snipped-for-privacy@dtnspeed.net
partsmore wrote:

that subsystem. IIRC, there were some problems with water ingestion into the pump on that system. I would suggest buying the factory service manual on CD (Available all over Ebay for ~10.00) Here's one-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&itemy55451840&category4221&sspagename=WDVW .
Follow the troubleshooting proceedure. I believe there are 3 main parts to this system: an electrical pump, solid state relay, and the switching valve. All 3 are pricy items. Certain pump failures can cause P-0412 to set. Inspect the Secondary Air piping, The pump and relay are located low on the left front of the car, near the bottom corner of the radiator. The valve is located near that corner of the motor.             Tom