'97 GM/Crown Vic front end lube?

Can anyone tell me exactly how many grease fittings there are on the front end of one of these things? My '97 GM's steering is getting heavier, it doesn't want to return to center very well, etc. It's got

200k on it and no work on the front end other than alignments. Looking at the Ford tech manual (the real thing, not a Haynes manual) they don't show any lubrication points anywhere, and yet they list the kind of grease you're supposed to use on the "Front suspension ball joints, steering linkage, and steering arm stops". I've looked and looked and I've only found one grease fitting, where the pitman arm meets the center link of the steering linkage, as I remember.

TIA, CN

Reply to
Chris Nagorka

Hi Chris - I will tell you what I did to my '95 but . . . you may not feel comfortable doing what I did. Mine were creaking and groaning. I bought a needle attachment for my grease gun and carefully injected each ball joint full. The rubber bits were already damaged so I wasn't worried about letting water in. I used a good anti-seize grease with anti-washout properties. I also jacked up parts to relieve the pre-load to get the grease between the joint parts.

PoD

Reply to
Paul of Dayton