98 Explorer Radio Question

Need help!!! We have a 98 Ford Explorer XLT with a AM/FM/CD/Tape that the display dissapears. It will come on after a while and stay on until you shut the car off. Then it repeats the process. Start the
car up and there is no display. Drive around and the disply returns. The radio still operates fine, except you cannot see the display. Any help would br greatly appreciated.
Eric
Flat Out opined in

What about when you tap or rap on the display, or radio, itself?
snipped-for-privacy@wt.net (Mark Keith) wrote in message

Nothing happens when you tap on the dissplay. I saw the same radio on ebay and the seller has the same problem with the radio that he was selling. kinda makes you wonder if this is a known problem! Time to start saving.