99 Ford Escort ac compressor

The compressor on my car is not getting power. Everything on the AC system is mechanically fine. There seems to be some sort of electrical problem. I just changed the pressure cycling switch and still no luck. Anyone have any other suggestions for me to try?

Reply to
clamdaddy

If the compressor will run while jumpering the cycling switch, the system is low on refrigerant. If it won't run with the switch jumpered, there is a common problem on latr 90s Escorts with a failure in the Constant Control Relay Module. I've never run across one personally but the subject comes up often at

. There is a work around if it has a CCRMconcern.

Reply to
Tom Adkins