99 Ford Escort ac compressor

The compressor on my car is not getting power. Everything on the AC system is mechanically fine. There seems to be some sort of electrical problem.
I just changed the pressure cycling switch and still no luck. Anyone have any other suggestions for me to try?
clamdaddy wrote:

If the compressor will run while jumpering the cycling switch, the system is low on refrigerant. If it won't run with the switch jumpered, there is a common problem on latr 90s Escorts with a failure in the Constant Control Relay Module. I've never run across one personally but the subject comes up often at http://www.acsource.net/acforum/ . There is a work around if it has a CCRM concern.