99 Windstar fuel filter

99 Windstar 3.8L Where is the fuel filter located ? How often should be changed out?
Thanks.

lcmon wrote:

on most fords it is on the right rear rail of the car... small metal canister.....
I replaced mine about a year ago, I want to say its mid van left side, pretty easy to replace, get a Haynes manual it will tell you where and how, hit the inertia switch with a rubber mallet to cut off the fuel pump, start the van to relieve the pressure and replace.