Anti-Lock Brake Light always on, OK?

Hi,
you guys are so helpful that I thought I'd ask this here...
My wife drives a 93 Chevy Lumina (W body I think they are) 3.1... and the anti-lock brake light is on now all the time...
The question is, as I understand the ABS system on Pre-96 GM's, if the light is on, the system is just in bypass, with no harm done to the regular braking system of the car... (I actually think they should make a switch somewhere!)
So, I'm wondering if it's ok to drive the car as it is, and just ignore the light... it is pre- traction control, but I want to be sure that it will not ruin anything with the main brakes in the car.
Thanks, Bob
In article

It means the ABS is probably disabled. Your regular braking is unaffected. I would still get it fixed, though.

By the way, check the obvious - bad ABS fuse will cause the lamp to come on permanently (at least, it does in my Escort and in the Taurus we used to own).
snipped-for-privacy@larwe.com says...

--
I.Care
Address fake