1996 eclipse gst anti lock brake light

The anti lock brake light is lit on my panel. Just replaced brake pads (was on before replacing) but light still on. Brakes work fine, have tried hard stops no problem.

What does this light mean and what are the most likely problems???

Reply to
John A

It means the ABS is not working ,

Reply to
jonny

found the problem, a connector was loose on the firewall right next to the master cylinder. When connected the light still did not go out. When I reset the ecu the light went out.....

Reply to
John A