anti-theft device

Hi! I have a 1995 Taurus with an anti-theft system. When you try to start the car without pressing the brake pedal, the horn beeps. My problem is that lately, when I go to start my car, the horn will beep and it wont start, even though I have my foot on the pedal. It will eventually start if I pound my foot on the brake. I am just worried that one of these days my car wont start. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Franki Pearson

Do the brake lights work all the time when you press the brake pedal? If not, you may have a faulty brake switch.

Reply to
Bill 2

Replacing the brake light switch isn't hard and the part doesn't cost much.

Reply to
Bill