As we who THINK, knew all along.

In Business week, reminds of the Emperor's new clothes

Amid the current panic about gas prices many people are embracing ethanol. But that's not such a good idea...

Backyard Mechanic

For E85 to not be a complete boondoggle, would require production of higher compression engines to burn it more efficiently.. but that would rule out gasoline as a fuel, though I'm betting AV-gas would ultimately be just as cheap per mile driven.

The partial answer: Variable Compression engines

but easier said than done, here's an example from SAAB:

Backyard Mechanic

Ethanol FUD: Brought to you by your national Agri-lobby!

Do you think with the tax-credits at $0.51 per gallon and the probably up and coming mandate, er.. I mean market, for refined corn product, they can rescind the farm subsidies?

Reply to
sleepdog

My brother stopped embracing alcohol three years ago. It was the best thing that ever happened to him.

Reply to
Al Bundy