As we who THINK, knew all along.

In Business week, reminds of the Emperor's new clothes
Amid the current panic about gas prices many people are embracing ethanol. But that's not such a good idea...
http://www.businessweek.com/print/autos/content/apr2006/bw20060427_ 493909.htm
you pay..DEAL with it!

For E85 to not be a complete boondoggle, would require production of higher compression engines to burn it more efficiently.. but that would rule out gasoline as a fuel, though I'm betting AV-gas would ultimately be just as cheap per mile driven.
The partial answer: Variable Compression engines
but easier said than done, here's an example from SAAB:
http://www.sae.org/automag/techbriefs_05-00/03.htm
you pay..DEAL with it!

Ethanol FUD: Brought to you by your national Agri-lobby!
Do you think with the tax-credits at $0.51 per gallon and the probably up and coming mandate, er.. I mean market, for refined corn product, they can rescind the farm subsidies?
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

My brother stopped embracing alcohol three years ago. It was the best thing that ever happened to him.