Buzzing sound coming out of a Ford Taurus

I own a 93 Ford Taurus station wagon and lately I've been hearing this long continuous "buzzing" sound that is coming out from the back left
side of the car when it is OFF, including the alarm system. This sound happens only if I attempt to open any one of the four locked doors. There is about a 30 to 1 minute gap before the sound starts to happen when I do this. The "cure" I found is opening the door (the sound disappears then), and closing it again. The sound can be heard outside of the car though it isn't loud, but it can clearly be heard on the inside, located again from the back left side. Anyone know what this problem might be? I suspect something is wrong with the alarm system or another thing more serious and unrelated. Tried to look up on Google for anything similar but no luck.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Most likely this is a relay that controls the interior lights. The feature allows you to turn on the interior lights by lifting a door handle while the car is locked. It also keeps the lights on for a few seconds after the door is closed. I suspect that the relay has gone bad.
Bob wrote:

This never crossed my mind and I think you might be correct. If this relay indeed has gone bad, is there any way I can shut off that car's feature (of having the lights work with the doors) to prevent that noise from ever happening?
I have scheduled to have the car serviced at the dealership in two weeks. However for the time being, I don't want to lose sleep over the fact that the car battery could get drained thanks to its endless "buzzing" if I am away from the car for long periods (example: overnight where someone might lift one of the door handles).