Can i ask a mercury question here?

I am in need of a rear window defrost switch (dash mounted) for a 1994 Mercury Tracer Trio. I cannot find it online . I have looked at many online stores...and nothing. I will call the dealer this week, but
thought I could save a couple of buck online.
Thanks!
Kyle

It's the Escort's twin.... surprised you didnt notice that
try this guy:
http://tinyurl.com/dchk7
you pay..DEAL with it!
IIRC, the tracer of 94 was a Mazda or some such, not an Escort.
CJB

quote from Edmunds: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleIdI542
"Safety was kicked up a few notches for 1994 when a driver airbag debuted for all Escorts, as did optional antilock brakes (ABS) for the GT model. To the chagrin of enthusiasts, the feisty LX-E was dropped from the lineup. A "One Price" marketing scheme was instituted, offering buyers the choice of any LX model, equipped with air conditioning, power steering and a rear window defroster, for the same price.
Those bummed out by the death of the Escort LX-E could simply go to their Mercury dealer and buy its surviving twin, the Tracer LTS, which could now be equipped with ABS /unquote
you pay..DEAL with it!
I offer you my most humble apology.
CJB

Why, Lord knows I'm wrong often enuff!....
Besides, I thoght they BOTH were 323 knockoffs
you pay..DEAL with it!
Than is a common misconception but the only Tracers that were versions of a Mazda where the 1988 to 1990. As of 91, till its demise, the Tracers were a variation of the Escort.
mike

I was thinking for some reason that the Tracer didn't become an Escort until the 1997 Redesign.
Thanks for clearing up the timeline.
CJB

OK, with all of that out of the way...am I simply looking for a rear window defrost switch for a 1994 Escort?
I appreciate the conversation and the original reply..but I still need the part.
Confused as usual...
KM
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 20:06:51 GMT, "CJB"

Probably!
If you really want one ...I guess we need to draw you a map!
Try Clayton Auto Parts and Wrecking, they used to take in a lot of fords
here's more, you might find one that's closer:
http://www.car-part.com/Directory/Recyclers/Online/USA/oh.htm

you pay..DEAL with it!
Thanks for the additional info. I am not helpless...just need to be steered in the right direction. Have been to many many websites that sell replacement parts. The "rear window defrost relay switch" seems to be a ghost or seldom seen part. I have thought about the local junk yards. Wanted to see if I could buy the part new online first.
Always appreciate the advice and the reply,
Happy holidays,
Kyle
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:41:31 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

New switches is, generally, a dealer only item
mike