300 or Magnum questions ask me, i work there i can tell you?

I would like to help anyone thinking of one, so please ask???

Reply to
Bob Sacamano

Where is "there"? If it's the factory, you better phone home. Several factory guys got in trouble last year (lost their jobs temporarily, then re-instated with severe warnings) for being too free with information on internet forums.

Bill Putney

Is the build quality really best on units built on Wednesdays or Thursdays, and worst on Mondays and Fridays?

Reply to
MoPar Man

Wasn't that for posting pictures of the 300?

Hard to imagine what the line workers could post or divulge at this point that would get them into trouble.

Not like the guy that ran the car-truck web site. Now that got DC upset enough to arrange for that guy to share a condo with Jimmy Hoffa.

Reply to
MoPar Man

What happens if the engine is built on Friday but the car assembled on Wednesday. And suppose it is Thanksgiving week and they are going to have a

4 day weekend.

Reply to
Art

Ok, I'll agree that something like the engine assembly (tranny too) is important. But I'd imagine that those items leave very little room for variability due to human factors. On the extreme side, I could say that it doesn't matter AT ALL when a given Intel CPU was made (thanksgiving drinking binge the day before or not).

If I had a choice (and in this case buyers do, if they know how) I'd choose when the car was assembled (as opposed to major components like engine and tranny). LOTS of human factors involved in making panels fit, and preventing SQUEEKS and RATTLES. Again, this used to be the stuff of urban legend. Like finding (beer?) bottles inside door panels of cars assembled on monday (or was that friday?).

Reply to
MoPar Man

Oh yeah - that was that Cadillac, and in the bottle was a hand-written note that said "If you could afford to buy this car, you can afford to pay to find this bottle". I knew the brother of a friend of the guy whose cousin that happened to. Around the time that another guy bought a WWII military motorcycle still packed in cosmoline for $200, but no one's ever seen it, and, wouldn't you know it, they're all gone now!

Bill Putney

Reply to
mic canic

Actually a documented hilarious case was a giant pile of nuts or bolts left under a rear Pinto seat. That one made the national tv news shows. Guy complained of rattles and they pull out the seat and tons of hardware underneath. No extra charge.

Reply to
Art

Now I do know guys that have found V12 WW2 aircraft engines packed in oil in a pressurized "barrel". I've seen the barrels that they came in.

The engines ended up making a lot of horsepower and noise in pulling tractors and hydroplanes.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Gates