Can I change the freeze plugs on a 4.9L without removing the engine?

240,300 are for trucks. Cars got the 144,170,200,250 depending on year and model.
Reply to
Brent

"hls" wrote in news:X snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I know you could get the 427 in a 67 stang as one of my shop mates had one back in 76. KB (you might call it just a tad tight fit though)

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

Nope. No 427 in 67. The 390 was the big engine in '67

68 got 427 in very limited quantities (possibly 2 actually built and sold) and 428. '69 got 428 and 429 (428 in Mack 1 only, 429 only in BOSS. 1970, same as 1969. 1971, no more 428 1972, no more 429
Reply to
clare

If you go back far enough, "full size" cars also got the 240. I think the last "consumer" car usage of the 240 was the 1972 Full Size Ford (Custom; Custom 500; Galaxie 500). I am pretty sure cars never got the 300 six.

The 144, 170, 200, 221 (overseas only), 250 Small six family originated as an engine for the Falcon line of compact cars and Econoline vans. I think it was never used in "full sized Fords" but was common in intermediate and compact models.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

You are correct Ed

Reply to
clare

There are no inappropriate ethnic slurs.

Reply to
DogDiesel

Youre wrong. Division of classes is Sociology 101. And division of race race is right. Evidenced by the fact that only 2% of people marry outside their race. In spite of the racist attempts of the US gubment and affirmative action to hold the black man down.

Reply to
DogDiesel

And I guess if you had to LIE on the ground (not "lay") in the snow, and someone said you were working like an Eskimo mechanic, you would think that is an ethnic slur???

We wont even get into the term "shade tree mechanic".

You take yourself all too seriously.

Reply to
hls