Can you rechrome a mirror without removing the glass?

If not, can the glass be removed without damaging a paint label on it?
I have an old 'Passing Eye' mirror assembly in perfect condition except for
pitted chrome. The black painted label leaves the words 'Passing Eye' on the mirror.
Joe H.
Joe,
I don't see how.
To rechome your mirror they first have to strip the old chrome off, fill all pits and then there'sa three part procedure where the mirror is dipped into three different baths. It should be possible to remove it though andput it back. Take it to a good glass shop before the chrome shop.
Steve Grant a.k.a. the Madd Doodler
1881 Horse Drawn Grain Wagon 1928 Commander (for sale) 1951 Champion Starlight Coupe 1959 Lark 2 door sedan (for sale) 1959 Lark 4 door sedan (for sale) 1963 Daytona 1965 Daytona (for sale)
You can still buy those on Ebay. Why go through the trouble of rechroming?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-Passing-Eye-Mirror-Accessory-vintage-original_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42606QQitemZ4634475405QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PASSING-EYE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42606QQitemZ4635037698QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Mark 65 Cruiser http://home.alltel.net/anderm madd snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Yeah, I have a bid in for the glass. The whole assembly is something else I may bid on, but I'm not sure if it's in any better shape than mine. Thanks for the thought, Mark.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'll see if the glass can be removed. Thanks, Steve.