Canadian Vs American gas

Gentlemen,
Can any of you explain the differences between american and canadian gas (regular 87 octane)?
Why do I get around 20% less mileage with canadian gas????
TIA
Spark wrote:

$1.00 canadian right now???/ might be a little off....
Ethanol has 85% less BTU per pound than gasoline.

Ethanol? He said GAS - very little Cdn gas has ethanol in it (at least on the West Coast) Strange, but in my F350 22' motorhome (351 engine) I have the same results. Got 9 mpg US gal, towing Toyota Corolla. Got home and now get 9 mpg Imp. Gal not towing. There is about 17% difference between US & Imp gal so I should be getting at least 17% better, plus the difference for not towing. I have been thinking it is because when down south it is all long haul highway driving and at home I have to contend with traffic but now I am not sure.... Mo

About 30C a gallon. ;)
mike hunt
Spark wrote:

americain regular gas is about 85.4-85 octane level.