CHARGE System Idiot Light Stays On

I must be an idiot because the light stays on please HELPPPP!!! I had a bad cell in the car battery. It is a 1984 Ford LTD with a 232 3.8L V-6 engine with TBI. Replaced the battery. Light stayed on. Replaced the
alternator because after testing output was less than 1/2 amp. Now light goes out when car starts but comes back on after a couple of minutes. Light goes out when engine is revved but when RPM's decrease light goes back on. AT the battery the voltage stays the same when the car is running with it in drive and a/c and headlights on or everything is off. the voltmeter reads 12-13 volts. What do I need to do to solve this problem.
I am ready to take the car to an abandoned lot and put a bullet in the radiator and put the car out of it's misery. Any help you give will be greatly appreciated and it will save the car's life. :-P I'm at my wit's end and need assistance.
TIA!!!!
sounds like a regulater problem to me or a bad ground somewhere.

The alternator obviously is not producing as it should. A healthy alternator s/b showing at least 13V at idle, with around 14V being preferable. Could be dirty grounds and/or connectors, old cables (oxidized internally), bad VR, bad battery (again), or just a poorly rebuilt alternator.
HJK wrote:

HJK opined in

According to above the alt DOES WORK FINE
Does this alternator have internal or external regulator? I've run across that twice with IR rebuilts... works fine but I-lite circuit faulty
As the others suggest, clean up all connections between it and the battery
Not unusual for ext regulator to fail at that age either.. in fact, how do you know it didnt cause the original problem?