Warning light stays on

I have a 2002 Camry. The warning light on the instrument panel that indicates that one of the rear lights is out went on a couple of weeks ago. The rear side marker bulbs (both) were, indeed, blown, so I replaced them. Now all the lights work just fine. However, the warning light on the instrument panel stays on. Actually, when I first start the car, is doesn't come on for 5 seconds or so, as if the computer is running a diagnostic or something before deciding to turn on the light.

Does anyone have any idea what's causing this warning light to go on? Or how I get it to go off?

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve Williams

Some other bulb is probably bad check turn signal, brake and side lights.

Reply to
m Ransley

I've checked them all - turn signal, brake, side marker, tail lights and reverse gear light. All good.

Reply to
Steve Williams

Wait. I did find another problem. Will address that before coming back. Sorry for the reply below.

Reply to
Steve Williams

Reply to
jamescash