cleaning engine parts

Hi,
I'm in the process disassembling a 302 engine, and I would like to know if there is a way other than bringing it to an engine rebuilder shop for cleaning the the parts .
I have been cleaning it with engine degreaser, I would like to know that do the pros use....
TIA

The Mercedes repair shop across the road from where I used to live used Karcher high-pressure steam equipment (basically, a huge cappucino frother :)
-- -- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (http://www.zws.com /) Learn how to develop high-end embedded systems on a tight budget! (Amazon.com product link shortened)

cleaning the parts in a mineral spirits bin is what is used to clean before the metal brushes and such go to work on it.
Personally I don't even bother with the degreaser. I use that powdered stuff that most people use to clean out their tub. It's real cheap and good. I think the abrasive quality of it and the bleach in it also help out quite a bit.