Engine Steam Cleaning

Happy Groundhog Day-

Since I am caring for a 4 cyl automatic Tacoma 4x2, what exactly should I know about engine steam cleaning? And does this job also do a thorough cleaning underneath the chassis?

Thanks in advance for your help on this matter.

-Oscar

Reply to
oscar jean

Be careful not to spray it directly at electrical components like the distributor and alternator. Use it as sparingly as possible, and as far away as you can to get the job done - you can easily force water into somewhere it isn't supposed to be past a seal or gasket.

If you can, get someone who does it every day to do it. They should know what not to wash, and how to clean gasketed covers with the spray glancing off at an angle instead of straight on.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

LOL,

There is no distributor on these models...

Reply to
1992 Toyota Xcab