convertible care

Got a new Mustang convertible. This is my first convertible, so I don't know squat about caring for the top. Do I need to treat it with anything, perhaps a water proofer from a boat store, or anything? What
general maintenance tips do you all have?
Thanks! Please replace the "NoSpam" with "verizonbusiness" in my email address in order to reply. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@NoSpam.com Systems Engineer
Systems

I'd sugest reading your owner's guide....
Ed
Systems

follow whatever Ford says to do, and the best thing you can do for a convertible top is keep the car in a garage when not using it. Depending on where you park it for work -- if you park it for work -- a car cover can extend the life of the top, trim and paint.
Systems

Look into 303 products, which get good props from many: http://www.autogeek.net/303vincontop.html
Used to was, you would have to go to the boat store or hit them on line, but it looks as if Walmart is in the game, now.
I have no experience with that stuff, as my salesman very kindly provided me with a bottle of Mr Ford's protectant, so the 303 I bought out of a fit of be-preparedness sits on the shelf. And the car has never been out all night or all day unprotected by California Pop Top or Carcraft cover.
--
Frank ess